Tag Archives: The St. Charles’s Church

Karlskirche

Known as Karlskirche in German, the St. Charles’s Church is a church located in Karlsplatz, Austria. When the black plague swept through Vienna in 1713, Emperor Charles VI promised that he would build a church dedicated to his name sake if the plague left the city. Indeed the emperor’s prayer was answered and the construction of the church began in 1715. For more information, visit their website at http://www.karlskirche.at/

Advertisements